Our goal is to assist the adopter in choosing a pet that best fits their lifestyle, wants and needs. Adoption applications are not necessarily approved on a first come, first served basis. Our goal is to find the right family for the right animal, and the right animal for the right family. Therefore, we reserve the right to approve applications that appear to be the best fit for both the adopter and the adoptee.
- Visit the shelter, stroll through our puppy room, cattery, and kennels. Read the cage cards located on each cage or kennel or ask a kennel attendant for assistance.
- If you find an animal you are interested in, please complete an adoption application. Completed applications are required prior to a meet-and-greet with your future pet.
- We ask that all family members be present during your first counsel session. This will alleviate unnecessary wait times for both you and your family and allow the pet to leave our facility quicker.
- Spend some time interacting with the animal outside their kennel. Ask questions. Be sure this is the right animal for you. You will be interviewed by a UCSPCA adoption counselor.
- After an approved interview, a valid picture ID is required.
- All animals adopted from UCSPCA will be spayed or neutered before being allowed to go home.
Follow us on Facebook to see updates from our past, present and future pets!