Cats $65; Kittens $100
Dogs $175; Puppies $295 and up
Small Animals $25
Download Our Application:
UCSPCA Cat Adoption Application
Adoption Pricing includes:
FIV & FeLV testing (for cats)
Spay or Neuter
Updated Vaccines (Distemper & Rabies)
Flea and Tick Preventative
Nail Trim/Ear Cleaning
Wellness Check performed by our vet staff
Our application process requires all pets in the home to be vaccinated and spayed or neutered unless medical documentation as to why they cannot be is provided. Part of the reason we are here is because of pet overpopulation and we are committed to preventing more litters. All members of the family should be included in the adoption process. Dog introductions are provided at the shelter.
ADOPTION APPLICATION TIPS
By following these tips you can shorten the time needed to have your application approved so you can bring home your new family member! Pre-Approved applications are kept on file for 1 year.
- Print off an application at home and bring the completed application with you when you come to the Ulster County SPCA.
- Bring in your vet records that show up-to-date Rabies Vaccinations & Spay/Neuter. If you don’t have your vet records you call you vet office to ask they release the records to the Ulster County SPCA.
- Bring a copy of your signed lease showing that you are allowed to have animals or let your landlord know that we will be calling them.
Our goal is to assist the adopter in choosing a pet that best fits their lifestyle, wants and needs. Adoption applications are not necessarily approved on a first come, first served basis. Our goal is to find the right family for the right animal, and the right animal for the right family. Therefore, we reserve the right to approve applications that appear to be the best fit for both the adopter and the adoptee.
- Visit the shelter, stroll through our puppy room, cattery, and kennels. Read the cage cards located on each cage or kennel or ask a kennel attendant for assistance.
- If you find an animal you are interested in, please complete an adoption application. Completed applications are required prior to a meet-and-greet with your future pet.
- We ask that all family members be present during your first counsel session. This will alleviate unnecessary wait times for both you and your family and allow the pet to leave our facility quicker.
- Spend some time interacting with the animal outside their kennel. Ask questions. Be sure this is the right animal for you. You will be interviewed by a UCSPCA adoption counselor.
- After an approved interview, a valid picture ID is required. All household members and animals must visit with the animal before the adoption can be finalized.
- All animals adopted from UCSPCA will be spayed or neutered before being allowed to go home.
To see our Animal Surrender Policy, please click here.
Follow us on Facebook to see updates from our past, present and future pets!