Helping. Healing. Adopting.
The Ulster County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals is a private, nonprofit organization that has been serving its namesake county since 1891. Our mission is to prevent cruelty to animals by providing temporary shelter and finding adoptive homes for homeless, abused and neglected animals; conducting cruelty investigations; eliminating the crisis of homeless animals by providing low-cost spay/neuter services for cats and dogs and by spaying or neutering all animals offered for adoption; providing humane education and by working to improve laws to end animal cruelty.
Check out our Holiday 2017 newsletter!
UCSPCA Values Statement
The Board, staff and volunteers of the Ulster County SPCA champion the following core values:
- Dedication: Serving the animals so they may enjoy the highest quality of life that they can achieve.
- Respect: Holding the value of life in high esteem, honoring diverse backgrounds of people and animals, and exhibiting a high level of courtesy.
- Learning: Committing ourselves to continuous education and training to foster improvement and implement best practices.
- Integrity: Doing the right thing for the right reason, representing our field working honestly, and providing a positive example of ethical and principle-based behavior.
- Excellence: Striving for excellence through planning, evaluation, and accountability.
- Innovation: Questioning the status quo, building on current success, and offering new ways to improve the system of services as well as one’s performance.
The UCSPCA is an autonomous organization and is not affiliated with or supported by any other SPCAs including the ASPCA. The UCSPCA is a private, non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization that serves the pets and people of Ulster County and beyond. We do not receive any government or contract funding.
501 (c) (3) Statement
We are a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. Donations may be tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. Please check with your tax consultant for details.
A copy of our latest annual report may be obtained, upon request, from the UCSPCA or from the Office of the Attorney General, Charities Bureau, 120 Broadway, New York, NY 10271.